Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Matt's Weekly Comics - 11/7/12

Heeeeeeey y'allllll. New comics came out today.

BAYOOM

I read Deadpool #1 first, because I thought that Deadpool #1 would be awesome, and Deadpool #1 indeed happens to be quite awesome. It's my favorite book of the week. It's hilarious. I LOL'd more than a few times. There are jokes about universal healthcare, Lincoln's assassination, and wheel chairs, and it's just grand. The creators made the bold move of getting rid of Deadpool's voices-in-his-head, and it's a decision for the better, as it makes it all easier to read.

Totally gonna be following this month-to-month.

Buy it. Support it. Love it.

I also got Iron Man #1 and... ehhhh. It was okay. The whole book just felt off to me, and it's hard of pinpoint why. Perhaps it's the super-serious speeches from Tony meshed with his blonde-bimbo-flirting. Perhaps it's the ginormous grins on 98% of the pictures of the characters' faces. The comic as a whole has a sort of forced, manufactured atmosphere to it.

But it's a pretty cool set-up, with some pretty cool bits sprinkled in. I like the villain, and the parallels it has to the crooks that made him become Iron Man in the first place. I like his super-cool suit that can jump from his suitcase in the form of liquid metal onto his body in its true form. I like how he gets the information he needs out of this issue's main baddy at the end.

Iron Man #1 is a toss-up. Not sure if I'll get the next issue. Don't particularly want to.

Rounding out my books from Marvel this week is Avenging Spider-Man #14, which as always is lots of fun. This time Spider-Man fights dinosaurs. And the art's really cool. The dialogue has extra-cheese. Great stuff.

Now onto DC.

Swamp Thing #14 and Animal Man #14 are pretty sweet. The art, writing and plot for these two books are consistently superb, and Rot World is going super-swell so far. William Arcane is also back, and his reveal in Animal Man is especially creepy.

Lastly, Batwing. Which I really enjoyed. The new story arc is twisted, badass and interesting. 'Nuff said.

And that's all. These pieces aren't too awful are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment